Thursday, April 24, 2008

Taking to the bottle

No, I'm not talking about Jeff or myself taking to the bottle. Carolina took her first bottle of breastmilk today. There was a lot of whining, crying, and one huge scream...and that was from me! Carolina was confused at first, but after I held her and the bottle for a while, she figured out that this bottle-feeding thing wasn't too bad after all. I, on the other hand, still felt saddened by the fact that my daughter was now taking a bottle. This is the beginning of my personal wheening from my daughter. A week from today, I will be back at work, and throwing my own little fits that I am not with my daughter 24/7. But, I think that I too will get used to it.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Congratulations on your new little girl. I remember the first week back was hard, but it eventually got easier. It makes you appreciate your child that much more when you get home from work.

Kim said...

I am with you! It is so hard. You can cry to me anytime you feel like it! Maternity leave is WONDERFUL!

Little Luke has been taking a bottle some since week one. He eats just way too much for me to keep up. When he is 100%on the bottle it will be hard, hard!

Amber said...

That would make me cry, too! But, on the happy side, we are thrilled to have you back next week! We only wish she could come with you. That's where kangaroos have it right!

Amber said...

Thanks for letting me hog your baby for the entire dinner. I really enjoyed it.

Amber said...

Happy Mother's Day, Melody!