Friday, December 28, 2007

Weight a minute...

The title may be deceiving. I have not actually had problems with my weight gain in the past 4 weeks!!! I'm thrilled to share that I've only gained 2 lbs in the past 4 weeks. I know the last part of my pregnancy will be where the bulk of my weight gain will begin, but I'm resolved to maintain a healthy, steady gain and not a weight-gain-free-for-all I seemed to take part in during my last pregnancy.

So far, I've gained 15 lbs during the last 24 weeks, and I hope to only gain another 10 lbs. That would put my gain in the normal range for my height/weight pre-pregnancy. I think I can do it!

Here are some suggestions I have for those of you who'd like to assist me in this endeavor:
1. DO NOT tell me "It's okay, you're eating for two", because if I do that, I will look like I'm just eating for one really big person post-pregnancy.
2. DO tell me if you think I'm looking healthy. I really miss hearing people comment on how healthy I look!
3. DO NOT tell me I look like I'm getting bigger width-wise. Even if I'm carrying lower with wider hips, I really don't need to be told. I can feel it!
4. DO offer support when I eat a salad instead of a cheeseburger at lunch. I really love cheeseburgers, but I'll love being able to fit all my pregnancy clothes through to the end even better!
5. Last, but not least, DO continue to be the most supportive friends/family I've ever had. I wouldn't be so healthy if it weren't for the support I feel every day!

Okay, so I'm not going to post my weight, but I feel that posting my weight gain will help me stay on track. SO, as of 12/26/2007:
Weight gain: 15 lbs @ 24th week of pregnancy

2 comments:

The Dillons said...

Great job so far!!! You do look very healthy, by the way!! I don't know if it's the holidays or what, but I'm having a hard time with the weight gain this last part of the pregnancy....or maybe it's the inactivity that comes along at this stage in the game. Anyway, once we've both had our babies we can start up running again!! --Sarah

Diet Hater said...

You're too funny...weight a minute. It took me two times of reading it to catch that one.. I know I'm slow.

I have to say that it always has amazed me about the things people say to pregnant women. Like the baby in you makes them loose all common sense.