Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I pour a sip on the concrete / for the deceased

If you know the song I'm referencing, then you'll understand why today was a monumental day.

If you don't know, the song is "Ready Or Not" by The Fugees, off "The Score". Released in 1996 it remains one of my favorite hip-hop albums. Another standout track from that album was The Fugees' cover of Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly."

As Melody, Victoria, Kaylei and I were driving home today we heard "Killing Me Softly" on KGBX, the "easy listening" station in our hometown. Tears were shed, sips were poured.

I always knew this day would come, when songs of my high school days appeared on easy listening, classic rock or oldies stations. I wondered how it would feel. I can answer that now.

Weird.

Yeah, I know this isn't baby-related. I'm a bit busy right now, but I hope to share some thoughts soon.

--Jeff

P.S. - Here's a link to the video if you want to get really nostalgic. ONE TIME!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYl2pztQjdM

No comments: